It is required to file with the tax authority at a place of activity within 30 calendar days from the date of the beginning of activity in Russian Federation the following list of documents (in Russian or translated into Russian, verified in due order):
- Application for tax registration on form “2001И”;
- Incorporation documents;
- Extract from the Register of foreign legal entities (or any other document of equal legal force);
- A warrant issued by the tax authority in the country of origin of the foreign legal entity proving its status of taxpayer in that country with an indication of the taxpayers identification number (or its analog);
- The decision of the authorized corporate body on the creation of its Branch in Russian Federation and the Provision on the Branch;
- A contract (or an agreement) serving as a basis for the operation of the legal entity in Russian Federation (in case of absence of the decision of the authorized corporate body on the creation of its Branch in Russian Federation);
- Letter of attorney providing the director of the legal entity’s Branch in Russian Federation with the required competence.
The registration procedure is performed by the tax authority within 5 working days from the day of receipt of the documents and is verified by Tax registration certificate on form “2401ИМД”.